The best almond flour pancakes recipe you’ll make that’s vegan & gluten-free. With only 7 ingredients, these pancakes are fluffy, easy to prepare, and healthy.
5 Reasons you’ll love this healthy breakfast recipe
- Easy to make
Almond Flour Pancake Recipe Ingredients
- Almond flour: This recipe wouldn’t be complete without this ingredient. Right now, I’m loving Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour which is also what I used for this recipe. Note: I’d stay away from almond meal as it’s not the right texture for these pancakes.
- Oat flour: I’d definitely consider this ingredient to be essential. Oat flour acts as the binder for this recipe. Alternatively, feel free to use another gluten-free flour blend like this one by Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking powder: Another key ingredient. Helps the pancakes puff up
- Cinnamon: Adds flavor! Although, you do not necessarily need this ingredient.
- Apple sauce (unsweetened): Adds sweetness to the pancakes
- Non-dairy milk: Adds moisture to the recipe. Right now, I’m loving oat milk.
- Sea salt: This adds to the overall flavor of the pancakes.
- Maple syrup (optional): For additional sweetness, I would add maple syrup to the mixture but this is optional.
How to Make Almond Flour Pancakes
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how simple it is to whip together on the weekends for brunch or meal prep and eat later for a quick weekday breakfast.
In separate bowls, mix your wet and dry ingredients. Then pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Add grapeseed oil (or any neutral cooking oil with a high smoke point) to your nonstick pan over medium heat. Wait about 2-3 minutes or until your oil is hot. Next, pour a scoop of the pancake mix into the pan or use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan. Cook the pancake for 2-4 minutes on each side. Almond flour pancakes darken more quickly than traditional pancakes so be sure to watch them closely. Your pan is different from mine so reduce heat as needed. Continue until all the pancakes are complete. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to make these pancakes low-carb or keto-friendly
Serving Suggestions & More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
CHECKOUT COOKLIST APP:
Cooklist is an all-in-one meal planning, grocery shopping, pantry inventory, and cooking app. Save $10 off your first order of groceries through the app. Check it out here.
For more great breakfast recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Roasted Heirloom tomatoes
- Healthy Berry Smoothie
- Raspberry Banana Smoothie (Protein-Rich)
- Golden Milk Breakfast Muffins
- Raw Apple Walnut Porridge with Coconut Milk & Strawberries
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes (Fluffy & Gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour to make oat flour just add oats to a blender until it forms into flour
- 1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk plus more if needed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce or maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil (for non-stick pan) if needed
- In separate bowls: mix the wet & dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let the pancake batter sit for a few minutes to thicken while you heat the pan according hte next steps below.
- Add the oil to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot pour the batter into the pan using a 1/4 measuring cup (for easy clean up). Cook on each side for about 2-5 minutes (depends on your pan) or until you see little bubbles form on top, then flip and let them cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Some suggestions include maple syrup, coconut whip cream, fresh berries, or vegan butter.