The best almond flour pancakes you’ll make that are vegan & gluten-free. With only 7 ingredients, these pancakes are fluffy, easy to prepare, and healthy.
5 Reasons you’ll love this healthy breakfast recipe
- Easy to make
Why do my almond flour pancakes fall apart?
Almond flour is gluten-free and needs a binder to keep them from falling apart. Since there are no eggs in this recipe, I use oat flour as a binder. For best results follow the recipe as indicated below.
Can you substitute almond flour for wheat flour in pancakes?
Yes, you can substitute almond flour for wheat flour for most recipes. Keep in mind, that almond flour is gluten-free and will fall apart without a binder.
Almond Flour Pancake Recipe Ingredients
- Almond flour: This recipe wouldn’t be complete without this ingredient. Right now, I’m loving Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour which is also what I used for this recipe. Note: I’d stay away from almond meal as it’s not the right texture for these pancakes.
- Oat flour/All-Purpose Flour: I’d definitely consider this ingredient to be essential. Oat flour acts as the binder for this recipe. Alternatively, you can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend like this one by Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking powder: Another key ingredient. Helps the pancakes puff up.
- Cinnamon (optional): Adds flavor! Although, you do not necessarily need this ingredient.
- Apple sauce (unsweetened) or Maple syrup: Adds sweetness to the pancakes.
- Non-dairy milk: Adds moisture to the recipe. Right now, I’m loving oat milk.
- Sea salt: This adds to the overall flavor of the pancakes.
How to Make Almond Flour Pancakes
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how simple it is to whip together on the weekends for brunch or meal prep and eat later for a quick weekend breakfast.
- In separate bowls, mix your wet and dry ingredients. Then pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add grapeseed oil (or any neutral cooking oil with a high smoke point) to your nonstick pan over medium heat. Wait about 2-3 minutes or until your oil is hot. Next, pour a scoop of the pancake mix into the pan or use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancake for 2-4 minutes on each side. Almond flour pancakes darken more quickly than traditional pancakes so be sure to watch them closely.
- Your pan is different from mine so reduce heat as needed. Continue until all the pancakes are complete. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to make these pancakes low-carb or keto-friendly
Serving Suggestions & More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
How to store and freeze these leftover pancakes
Fridge: Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat the pancakes in the microwave, toaster, or stovetop until warmed through.
Freezer: Place pancakes spread out on a baking sheet for 1 hour (this will prevent them from sticking together). Then transfer the pancakes to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the microwave or countertop. Reheat as indicated above.
Tips for making these Almond Flour Pancakes perfectly
- I highly recommend using a non-stick pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
- It’s important to allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes so all the ingredients can bind together and thicken.
- Use a variety of sweeteners for more complex flavors. In this recipe, I use cinnamon for a nice earthy flavor but feel free to swap it out with vanilla extract. These vegan pancakes are delicious as is but can be made with additional add-ins like chocolate chips or berries (raspberries, blueberries, etc.).
- Use almond flour vs almond meal for this recipe. Almond flour is more finely ground and this helps to achieve light and fluffy pancakes.
For more great breakfast recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Roasted Heirloom tomatoes
- Berry Smoothie
- Raspberry Banana Smoothie
- Golden Milk Breakfast Muffins
- Raw Apple Walnut Porridge with Coconut Milk & Strawberries
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS VEGAN PANCAKE RECIPE. I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU;-)
Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes (Fluffy & Gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup *oat flour or use all-purpose flour
- 1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk plus more, if needed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional) can sub for vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce or maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil for cooking. Add more, if needed. Can sub for coconut or avocado oil
- In separate bowls: mix the wet & dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Start with 1/2 cup milk and add more until the batter is slightly lumpy & creamy. (It should not be runny. If runny, add more oat/all-purpose flour. If too thick, add more non-dairy milk.)
- Let the pancake batter rest for 5 minutes to thicken while you heat the pan according to the next steps below.
- Add the oil to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot pour the batter into the pan using a 1/4 measuring cup (for easy clean up).
- Cook on each side for about 2-5 minutes (depends on your pan) or until you see little bubbles form on top, then flip and let them cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Some suggestions include maple syrup, coconut whip cream, fresh berries, or vegan butter.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my affiliate notice for details.