In need of some delicious healthy breakfast ideas? Don’t sweat it! We’ve got you covered. These recipes include everything from make-ahead recipes, budget-friendly, weight-loss recipes, and best of all, these recipes are all vegan.
Welcome to my first post of 2021. I wanted to share this blog post first because I know many of you may be transitioning to veganism or just looking for some wholesome recipes. Either way, you’ll find lots of inspiration to keep you busy in the kitchen. In the post, there are breakfast recipes perfect for on-the-go, quick and easy, recipes for kids, meal prep, delicious savory breakfast recipes without eggs, and much more.
I’m sharing 65 healthy breakfast ideas across (10) categories: on-the-go, breakfast recipes for kids, oats, cheap/budget recipes, high protein recipes, quick & easy, meal prep, recipes without eggs, low carb, and weight-loss. Sit back and cozy up with a cup of tea or coffee, and enjoy finding lots of inspiration from the following recipes.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes On-The-Go
Finding a healthy breakfast while traveling or on your way to work can be a challenge. You’ll find some inspiration with these make-ahead breakfast recipes below!
- Golden milk muffins
- Blueberry oat bars
- Tempeh breakfast sandwich
- Mini vegan frittatas
- Chickpea muffins
- Almond chocolate overnight oats
- Breakfast sandwich
Breakfast for kids
I know how picky kids can be about food. I was the same way as a child. Something I love to do with kids is having them help out in the kitchen. Sometimes, when you have the time to let kids help in the kitchen, they enjoy food even more. Also, I believe exposing them to various ingredients and recipes will help you figure out what your kids like and don’t like. I know we all get into a routine of eating the same food over and over. Sometimes, try to mix it up!
- Healthy breakfast cookies
- Strawberry pop tarts
- Pumpkin sheet pancakes
- French toast with berry compote
- Quesadillas with mushroom bacon
- Raspberry banana overnight oats
Healthy Overnight Oats
Meal prepping overnight oats for breakfast is a great way to get your protein, fiber, and antioxidants first thing in the morning. As you check out the collection of vegan overnight oats below, feel free to customize them to your liking. I love adding steel-cut oats, almond milk, quaker oats, vegan yogurt, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and seasonal fruit. Comment below your favorite overnight oat recipes below!
- Almond chocolate overnight oats
- Peanut butter & jelly overnight oats
- Tropical mango coconut overnight oats
- Vegan Nutella overnight oats
- Overnight oats – 4 ways
- Strawberry rhubarb overnight oats parfaits
Cheap Breakfast Ideas
Eating healthy can be a challenge when you’re on a budget. When I was in college, I didn’t have as much money to buy groceries and especially not organic produce. Today, there are so many options. Like frozen produce that you can save for many months at a time. Tip: frozen produce is picked at peak ripeness. One of my favorite budget-friendly vegan breakfast recipes is my 3-ingredient oatmeal pancakes. You could skip the cinnamon and just make it with 2-ingredients.
- Peanut butter & banana sushi
- Chocolate “nice” cream
- Hash browns
- Breakfast noodle bowl
- Cucumber mango salad
- Moroccan spiced sweet potatoes
- Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
High Protein Vegan Breakfast
These high-protein recipes are great for building muscle, bodybuilding, weight gain, or anyone looking to increase their protein. Check out these high-protein recipes below!
- Jerk tempeh scramble with veggies
- Apple oat protein muffin recipe
- Savory oatmeal with tempeh bacon
- Chickpea scramble bowl
- Waffle tofu breakfast sandwich
- Tempeh bacon avocado bowl
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
Quick Breakfast Ideas
These quick and easy breakfast recipes are perfect for when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or meal prepping. They include sweet, savory, and very flavorful recipes.
- Raw Apple Walnut Porridge with Coconut Milk & Strawberries
- Grab and go gluten-free breakfast wraps
- Black bean tofu scramble
- No-bake hemp protein bars
- Whole oat porridge
Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
I don’t know about you but I love watching meal prep videos. I get so much inspiration. Honestly, sometimes, I don’t do much with inspiration. I’ve learned it’s best to start slow with meal prepping so it doesn’t become too overwhelming. So try meal prepping one recipe instead of five. Or try meal prepping a few ingredients for breakfast or dinner vs meal prepping breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For more tips on meal prep, watch my video by clicking here.
- Zucchini corn savory pancakes
- Blueberry fig skillet cake
- Zucchini orange coconut yogurt scones
- Overnight steel-cut oats
- Apple cinnamon overnight oats
- Pumpkin pie overnight oats
Breakfast without eggs
Looking for something savory to eat for breakfast or brunch can be a bit of a challenge when you do not eat eggs. However, there are so many great breakfast options without eggs. For example, these avocado toast with heirloom tomatoes.
- Chickpea Omelet
- Vegan crab cakes with hollandaise sauce
- Breakfast tacos with mango salsa
- Fluffy chickpea pancakes
- Stuffed baked sweet potatoes (5 ways)
- Raspberry crumble bars
- Baked banana & blueberry oatmeal
- Buritto Bowl
Vegan breakfast low carb
I love starting my day with low-carb recipes. I don’t like feeling too full first thing in the morning. And when I’m in the mood for something flavorful and low carb, I turn to recipes just like these.
- Raspberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- Cauliflower rice burrito bowl
- Superfood breakfast bowl
- Veggie tofu scramble
- Vegan scrambled eggs
Breakfast Ideas for weight-loss
I know losing weight is not that easy. I’ve rounded up a few weight-loss breakfast recipes I hope helps you on your weight-loss journey.
- Almond flour pancakes
- Almond butter and coffee shake
- Easy granola
- Green smoothie
- Quinoa bowl
- Orange oat bar
- Golden overnight couscous
Healthy Breakfast Ideas: Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour to make oat flour just add oats to a blender until it forms into flour
- 1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk plus more if needed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp unsweeteed apple sauce or maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil (for non-stick pan) if needed
- In separate bowls: mix the wet & dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let the pancake batter sit for a few minutes to thicken while you heat the pan according hte next steps below.
- Add the oil to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot pour the batter into the pan using a 1/4 measuring cup (for easy clean up). Cook on each side for about 2-5 minutes (depends on your pan) or until you see little bubbles form on top, then flip and let them cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Some suggestions include maple syrup, coconut whip cream, fresh berries, or vegan butter.