The best quinoa salad recipe you need to make today. It’s simple, delicious, and packed with so much yummy flavor.
Anyone that knows me, knows I absolutely love salads. I’ve always enjoyed salads since I was a child. My love for salads may have started from movies or cooking shows. I remember seeing people on TV serve salads in beautiful bowls with nice wooden spoons.
This easy quinoa salad is no exception. It’s great eaten alone and works as a refreshing side dish as well. Check out the salad ingredients below!
What’s in this easy quinoa salad recipe
- quinoa: this star ingredient adds healthy protein & fiber
- red & yellow bell pepper: these sweet peppers add color and nutrients, like iron.
- cucumber: I love adding cucumbers to all my salads.
- chickpeas: adds additional fiber & texture.
- pickled red onion: you can add fresh or pickled onions of your choice.
- kalamata olives: they add flavor and are commonly found in Mediterranean recipes.
- sun-dried tomatoes: great for flavor and variety.
- fresh cherry tomatoes: you can use tomatoes of your choice.
- fresh basil: Packed with flavor and goes well with the salad ingredients.
- vegan feta cheese: provides creaminess and common in Mediterranean salads.
How to make this Mediterranean quinoa salad
- Rinse the quinoa and cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Chop all the veggies into small pieces.
- Add the veggies, olives, chickpeas, quinoa, and feta to a large bowl and combine.
- Make the greek salad dressing and drizzle on top of the salad.
- Prepare the quinoa in advance. Let the quinoa cool before adding it to the salad.
- If you have the time, you can roast the bell peppers and chickpeas. Roasted chickpeas taste amazing.
- Swap out and replace any ingredients as you like.
- This salad works great as a plant-based lunch, dinner, or your next dinner party.
More delicious vegan salads & wraps
- CHICKPEA & CAULIFLOWER LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE
- EASY HUMMUS RECIPE
- 23 EASY VEGAN SALAD RECIPES
- CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
Best Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
Meditterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa about 1 cup uncooked
- 1 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese use dairy feta cheese, if preferred
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/3 cup
- Make the salad: Mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare the greek salad dressing: Add all of the salad dressing ingredients, except the olive oil, to a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add the olive oil, and whisk fast, while pouring until the dressing has emulsified.
- Pour some of the greek salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you want more dressing, simply add more. Store leftover salad dressing in an airtight container. Enjoy!