This roasted vegetable recipe is easy, delicious, and healthy. With a few simple ingredients, you can have dinner prepared within 30 minutes.
Each year, my family asks me to make roasted vegetables for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love meal prepping roasted vegetables for the week ahead. I usually roast whatever vegetables I have on hand. In today’s blog post, I chose to roast sweet potatoes, beets, and red bell pepper. Also, I love roasting broccoli, white potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus. What are some of your favorite vegetables to roast?
How to Roast These Vegetables
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your vegetables and pat them dry. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place all vegetables in the sheet pan, along with oil, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and maple syrup (optional, but highly preferred), and toss to combine. All of the vegetables should be well coated in oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until veggies turn brown on the edges. Flip at the halfway point to ensure even baking. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipe Tips
- Wash and dry your veggies. After you wash your vegetables make sure to dry them off before you toss them with the oil. Some moisture is ok, but if they are too wet when put in the oven, they may not get brown and crisp.
- Cut your vegetables to a similar size. Similar-sized pieces will cook at a similar rate, so make sure your vegetables are all about the same size. You wouldn’t want little pieces to burn before larger ones become tender!
- Add sea salt. No one loves bland veggies, so salt yours generously. I sprinkle mine with sea salt before roasting and then add more, to taste, if needed when they come out of the oven.
- Don’t overcrowd your food! If the vegetables are too close together on the sheet pan, they will steam in the oven, and they won’t get brown and crisp. Make sure to spread your vegetables in an even layer with a little space between each one.
Shana’s Kitchen Essentials
Check out the kitchen tools I used to make these roasted veggies.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipe
- 1 medium yukon potato chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped
- 1 small beet peeled and chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey optional
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs we used rosemary & oregano// (or sub dried)
- 1 medium red onion chopped (or sub onion of your choice)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (use more if needed) or any high heat oil of your choice
- 3 garlic cloves skin removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your vegetables and pat them dry. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Note: Use more baking pans as needed.
- Place all vegetables in the sheet pan, along with oil, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and maple syrup (optional), and toss to combine. All of the vegetables should be well coated in oil.
- Roast until golden brown and soft—about 30-45 minutes, or more. Flip at the halfway point to ensure even baking. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce. Note: We served with ketchup.