Chickpea & Cauliflower Lettuce Wrap Recipe
The best lettuce wraps made with chickpeas, cauliflower, and mushrooms topped with a spicy chili oil sauce.
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom finely chopped & cleaned
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 cup cabbage mixture
- 1/2 red onion small
- 1/2 cup green onion finely chopped
- 2-3 limes cut into wedges
- 4.5 oz Butter lettuce leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Chili oil sauce or use any sauce of your choice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 handful cilantro
Wash and prep your veggies as mentioned above. I like to place them in individual small bowls or plates so my family can pick and choose what they want.
Place lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Heat your oil (sesame oil or grapeseed oil works well) in a skillet over medium heat.
Add your chickpeas and cauliflower and add a few pinches of salt, black pepper, and oregano, stir together to mix well.
At about 4-5 minutes, add the mushrooms and another pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir again and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once ready, scatter the lettuce wraps with chickpea mixture and remaining veggies of your choice. Drizzle with chili oil sauce, and enjoy!